Huntsman: The Orphanage (2013)
Huntsman: The Orphanage is a game in production by Shadowshifters and inspired by Slender, the game takes place in the modern age where you, the player, decide to investigate an orphanage where on June 17th 1898 a dozen children disappeared without trace. It is up too you, as you explore the ruins armed with nothing but your phone, you seek to uncover the truth on the Huntsmans existence and seek to discover the events of that night, all the while trying to keep existing in the modern age, Huntsman promises to be a title one has to try out once it is released.
– The online auditions have started from the 18th of May until the 31st you can win the chance to feature as one of six possible characters in the game. Click here for the guide and rules for entry.
– Online Auditions will be held soon for voice actors as announced on the official site.
-Huntsman: The Orphanage has been Greenlight by the Steam Community. This means that the game is coming to PC, MAC, Linux, Steam and Amazon.
What We Know
- The main antagonist and mythos concerns the huntsman, a being arrived during the Black Plague during the fourteenth century.
- Our smartphones are our light source, as well as communicating with the orphans. It is also a device to scare you as seen during one of the gameplay videos.
- We will have to save the life of Charley, our ancestor to ensure we still exist.
- Game takes place in the orphanage while there is also a Labyrinth, containing the graves of the children you have to save. Supposedly this is the last area of the game.
- We have to retrieve items that the orphans loved most during life and return them to their graves so that they can be saved.
Huntsman: The Orphanage is clearly inspired by the Slender game and mythos. A tall figure, masked, origins unknown or unclear, that is where the similarities stop, storywise, as the gameplay, having only one light source and retrieving items all bear the signs of Slender.
But it is the light source which is intriguing. equipped with a phone, players will have to use its light to guide them but the phone will be key to interacting with the world as the orphans guide you through it, phantoms may appear and video disturbances make the only thing that is supposed to make you feel safe, into another tool to terrify you.
And this is just one of the appealing aspects for the game also uses real life actors for the orphans during their scenes which makes the experience even more dark and unnerving.
For now, a realese date has not been announced though several videos have been made available including gameplay and a video explaining the back story of the caretaker at the time of the orphans disappearance.
This is a game that promises a lot and a close eye will be kept on it.
Official Site – http://www.shadowshifters.com/